A Residence Permit is issued to students studying in China for more than six (6) months. Once granted, it allows unlimited entry into China for the time that the residence permit is valid. To apply for a new residence permit, students should fill and submit the visa/residence permit extension form available at the International Students Office at least thirty (30) days before the expiry date of their current visa or residence permit. After extension approval is granted by the college, the following are required:

A. Foreigner Visa Application Form;
B. An official letter from the College containing the students information and class attendance performance (must have at least 85% class attendance rate);
C. Bank slip of tuition fee payment;
D. Proof of financial support (usually the students bank account statement for at least recent 6 months, with a balance of not less than 1800RMB (4000RMB for students living off campus), issued and stamped by the bank);
E. Photocopy of international passport data page, valid visa/residence permit and immigration stamp page;
F. Certificate of Verification of Physical Examination Record of Overseas Personnel issued by the Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau in China, valid for six months from the date of issue;
G. Registration Form for Temporary Residence (The university issues the form for students living in the university dormitory, while the local police station issues it for those living off campus).

    According to Information on the materials required by foreigners to apply for relevant visa documents in Shijiazhuang which was brought into effect on January 1st 2017 by the Entry-Exit Administration Bureau of Shijiazhuang, proof of financial support and proof of class attendance have been included among documents needed for students to apply for a residence permit. According to the regulations, if the students class attendance rate is less than 85%, the residence permit will not be extended. It will also not be extended for students who as a result of financial difficulties are unable to fund their daily expenses and/or provide proof of financial support in China.

Application Venue:

  The Entry-Exit Administration Department of the Bureau of Public Security, Shijiazhuang.
   66, Yuannan Road, Qiaoxi District, Shijiazhuang, Hebei.


河北师范大学国际文化交流学院 版权所有

Tel:86-311-80789500 80789505